Associação Inconsciente Coletivo. This is a non-profit cultural association that aims at the organization, promotion, incentive and production activities, artistic, cultural and scientific.
The objectives of this Festival are spread cinematographic works with mental health issues, promote new filmmakers and create new audiences, disseminate information and contribute to sensitize the general public about these issues, combat stigma and discrimination associated with this type of problem and contribute to promoting the human rights and the inclusion of people with mental disorder.
The first edition of FICSAM be held in October 2014 in the city of Faro | Portugal on the days 9, 10 and 11 October 2014.
ELIGIBILITY OF MOVIES
1) The criteria for acceptance of films pass by the quality and the theme portrayed in them. The films should include the topic of mental health, they are, for example, about childhood, adolescence, aging, autism, asperger syndrome, depression, postpartum depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, personality disorders, addictions, dementia, parental alienation, grief, divorce, unemployment , poverty, changing schools, bullying, domestic violence, among others.The organization is free to accept films that are considered more representative of the themes in question.
2) All films must be spoken or subtitled in Portuguese or English (if the movie is not Portuguese);
3) Films will be accepted for Fiction, Documentary, Animation, Experimental and Videoclips;
4) The short films must not be longer than 30 minutes;
5) FICSAM have the following categories:
NATIONAL COMPETITION (Shorts and Feature Films)
INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION (Shorts and Feature Films)
UNIVERSITIES | SCHOOLS COMPETITION (Shorts and Feature Films)
1) The copyright of the films belong to their authors.
2) The use is not permitted without permission of the authors and / or copyright holders of any material of others, protected by national laws and international copyright.
3) The Festival reserves the right to display and dissemination of all films which are delivered within the Festival in any formats and media.4) The candidate accepts and assumes any problems related to copyright.
ARTICLE 6 º
1) The inscription on the FICSAM | Mental Health International Film Festival is processed by completing the Registration Form (www.ficsam.com) and the reading of Regulation implying its acceptance.
2) Free subscription.
3) The registration form must be duly completed and accompanied by: 2 DVD's of the film with English subtitles (if not Portuguese) or Portuguese;Photocopy of the citizen card;Brief biography of the Director;Sheet and synopsis;Only be considered as definitely entered the film whose registration form is fully completed, signed and after receiving the material.
4) Films must be sent by mail, by the 15th of AUGUST 2014 accompanied by the entry form and the information described above to:FICSAM APARTADO 2038000-148 FARO | PORTUGALARTICLE
SELECT | EXHIBITION -
- The list of selected films will be online between 10 and 15 SEPTEMBER 2014;
- If the film is selected the Director must send the following elements :
- Link to download the movie, pen or external disk, to display in PAL format. MOV or MP4 format, maximum resolution of 1440x1080px and 25fps, Apple ProRes 422 HQ codec or codec H264. and with subtitles in Portuguese or English (if the movie is not Portuguese).
(The costs of returning the pen drive and external hard drive are the responsibility of the director)
2 or more stills from the film in JPEG, high resolution;
Director Photo, JPEG, high resolution;
Promotional materials of the film.Trailer (not mandatory)
And the following authorizations:I authorize the use FICSAM excerpts of my film and promotional materials to promote the festival;Authorize the screening of unlimited movie during the festival and in other festival events;I provide the copy of the pre-selection for FICSAM archive.
2) The organization informe, through email, the Directors and / or producers of the works that have been selected and approved upon.3) The films submitted will not be returned and will be part of FICSAM archive.4) The shipping costs will be borne by all directors and / or producers, the movies will not be accepted if sent to collection. Any work with outstanding charges at destination will be returned. The packaging should contain "NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY".
1) The organization will make a preliminary assessment of the films listed, and reserves the right to exclude those who understand well.2) There will be a Selection Jury, appointed by the Organization, functions that will choose the works to provide competitors.3) The organization is free to create diferent categories depending on films in competition.